Only one episode of Suits was sufficient to snap that many bespoke Tom Ford suits. When I think about it, it’s a shame I’m not an actor. My closet’d be full of bespoke, peak-lapels, double-vented, single-breasted, three-pocket suits like those!Read More
This time again, the photographs of Tom Ford’s FW 2013 collection speak for themselves… A dapper line as usual!! I can’t wait anymore for the moment I’ll have enough cash to get myself my first Tom Ford suit! Let’s go back to reality: the collection gathers not less than 20 elegant silhouettes made of suits (obviously…), colored tuxedo jackets or even fur coats so just help yourself!
Lena Klax Necklace (link) // Proenza Schouler Credit Card Case (link) // Uslu Airlines x Bernhard Willhem Nail Polish (link) // Lanvin iPad Case (link) //Christian Louboutin Hardcover book (link) // Dsquared Anchor Brass Earrings (link) // Tom Ford Red Lipstick (link) // Smythson Red leather Adressbook (link)Read More
“There can be something a little perverse about chastity,” said Tom Ford just before presenting the collection to a bunch of happy few. Tom Ford was even playing DJ himself with his phone while the models walked on a deep carpet in showroom space. Beneath the Single-manesque sixties hair came the chicest hoodies you’ll ever see, teamed with the tightest of maxi beaded skirts; glossy biker jackets, all collars upturned and layered, deep V jumpers in black and white. All in all, the show was always sexy and glamorous but I don’t know how a tat reto. The women’s ready to wear doesn’t have the men’s classic and out-of-time design… It is black, it is gold, silver, cobalt and nude. And it’s all after the break !Read More
A really nice video documentary on Tom Ford‘s vision of style and work ethic. The video highlights the world-renowned fashion designer and film director Tom Ford and brings to light Ford’s every day happenings, as to let you into the otherwise closed quarters of his rather particular lifestyle. While most people think of the Texas native in regards to his overwhelming impact on the fashion industry, there is much more than meets the eye with the well-versed creative. He is also a well-respected Oscar nominated film director whose talents expand far beyond simply building an unmistakable fashion empire. View the entire piece above to gain further insight into the highly intriguing man that is Tom Ford.Read More
Sitting down with Jefferson Hack, Editor-in-Chief of Another magazine, Tom Ford has given his five-step how to as follows:
- You should put on the best version of yourself when you go out in the world because that is a show of respect to the other people around you.
- A gentleman today has to work. People who do not work are so boring and are usually bored. You have to be passionate, you have to be engaged and you have to be contributing to the world.
- Manners are very important and actually knowing when things are appropriate. I always open doors for women, I carry their coat, I make sure that they’re walking on the inside of the street. Stand up when people arrive at and leave the dinner table.
- Don’t be pretentious or racist or sexist or judge people by their background.
- A man should never wear shorts in the city. Flip-flops and shorts in the city are never appropriate. Shorts should only be worn on the tennis court or on the beach.
From left : #1 Chelsea boots // #2 Tom Ford Private Blend Tobacco Vanille // #3 Staub Small ‘Cocotte’ iron casserole // #4 Nikon D7000 digital camera // #5 Chanel Rouge Coco LipstickRead More